I thought I’d join in the Pantone Colour of 2014 bandwagon, simply because it’s one of my favourite colours aka ‘Radiant Orchid’. In this design and colour inspired post, I’ve paired it with another favourite colour, a minty green.! After a shopping trip into Brighton the other day, I was also wholly inspired by the black and white, stripes chevrons and harlequin patterns that I found and even treated myself to (the chevron lamp from BHS and the Harlequin lamp from Zara at home). Lush eh?! I’ve now got my eye on those geometric necklaces on etsy and chevron mint green nails. Oh so pretty
I think you’ll agree, this colour palette of radiant orchid and mint green plus black and white pattern combinations, lends itself really well to both jewelry, interiors and fashion.
Image Credits, clockwise, starting top right
1.Radiant Orchid Paint Pots Style Shoot http://tempodadelicadeza.com.br/
2. Black & White Chevron Lampshade, BHS
3. Striped Black & White Rug, IKEA
4. Mint Green and Radiant Orchid Styled Room – Source Unknown – Found on Pinterest
5. Girl with Flowers & Parasols in her Hair
6. Harlequin Vase, Zara at Home
7. Black Orchid in Bottle
8. Chevron Mint Green Nails – source unknown – found on Pinterest
9. ‘Subjekt’ Necklace by Grundled on Etsy
Here’s my radiant orchid fashion illustration, inspired by this colour moodboard.