Perhaps you are content planning for Easter and wondering how you can use simple props to update your spring photography on Instagram.
Or like me you are feeling a touch of spring in the air?
Luckily I’ve made it easy for you and created a spring moodboard with prop ideas for your spring photography and styling.
Pin For Inspiration
I love a change of season. Especially spring (my favourite season). With its lighter brighter days, spring brings the opportunity to freshen your colour palette. Easter is also on the menu which gives you the opportunity to use fun Easter themed props in your photography and videos for social media and Instagram.
11 Prop Ideas for Spring Photography & Styling
1. Colour - with spring photography, colour is your friend. Your Instagram or brand aesthetic might be dark and moody but by including a pop of spring yellow for example, you’ll be able to bring spring into your feed, without moving too far away from your photography style.
Alternatively go all out spring with pastel colours in your props and backgrounds.
2. Paper backgrounds - the easiest way to update your spring photography is to change the colour of your backgrounds. Use A1 paper in pastel shades of yellow, pink or blue and you will instantly update your photos to feel more spring-like.
3. Stationery - pastel coloured pens, pencils, envelopes, notebooks, ring binders and even paper clips. Stationary is small, portable and readily available, you are bound to find something that suits your aesthetic, online or on the high street.
If you need styling and photography tips read 7 Essential Photography Tips (that will make you look like a pro)
4. Wellie Boots - nothing represents spring showers better than a pair of colourful wellie boots. If space is an issue and adult boots are too bulky, use children’s wellie boots instead.
6. Clothes - there’s no better excuse to update your spring wardrobe than to buy a new outfit for the purposes of your spring photography! Dresses and cardigans, with a pair of wellies and a colourful umbrella and you’re set for the perfect Instagram spring photo!
7. Flowers - nothing screams spring more than flowers! And you probably won’t even need to buy any because nature provides so many spring flowers for us. Spring flowers include daffodils, magnolia, tulips and cherry blossom. Gorgeous.
8. Nail Varnish - if you’re camera shy, instead of showing your face in your photography use your hands, feet, arms, etc. Use spring inspired nail varnish in shades of light pink, teal, baby blue or pale yellow on your nails. Or alternate all of the colours on your nails to create a spring rainbow!
If you’re camera shy but want to show personality in your imagery, read How To Create Images With Personality For Instagram
9. Eggs - faux eggs, eggs you can fill, Easter eggs, mini eggs, real eggs. Including eggs in your images is the simplest way of communicating Easter. But be creative! Get your paints out and decorate them in the same colours as your outfit/nails/clothes or any of the other props in this post :)
10. Easter Bunnies/Chicks/Baskets - all of these Easter themed props are readily available at this time of year and like eggs, are an easy way of communicating spring and Easter. Try and be creative - wear a pair of bunny ears or make a chick out of paper and googly eyes.
11. Balloons - balloons are a symbol of celebration. Therefore they are perfect for spring photography, since spring is all about new beginnings and warmer weather (in the northern hemisphere anyway). Like many of the props suggested in this post, they come in a myriad colours to choose from, so you’re bound to find a balloon that fits your Instagram and brand aesthetic.
Alternatively make your own like the one above by Bespoke Bride!
So there you have 11 Prop Ideas for Spring Photography & Styling. Tag me on Instagram @georgiestclair if you use any of them or the colour palette as inspiration. I love seeing what you’ve been creating.
If you want more inspiration for your images for Instagram and social media, you’ll love the Masters of Content Creation email series. This monthly newsletter showcases 3 amazing content creators on Instagram.
Discover More Masters Of Content Creation
Other image sources in moodboard: DIY Tropical Paper Leaf Props by Maritza Lisa, Pastel Pens from Notebooktherapy.com, pastel envelopes from Stocksy