This is so exciting, nerve wracking, embarrassing and fabulous, all at the same time. My biggest win this week is vlogging about my week!
I’ve wanted to start a vlog for bloomin’ ages. Nagged by my son, Jake, I’ve finally done it. No fancy outfit, editing, props or lighting. I’ve just decided to go for it.
Illustration Life #35 and My 1st Vlog
Sure, it’s not perfect. The bloopers are even included at the end of the video. I do the worst book review ever. My hair is a mess. I fluff my words. But hey, who cares right? I’ve vlogged whoop whoop!
So expect illustration life to be vlogged from now on. I’ll carry on summarising my creative business wins and frustrations here, but you can learn more about my journey by watching the videos.
Wins This Week
- You’ll notice I’ve missed a week updating the illustration life series. That’s because I had a holiday. A wonderful, family holiday with my kids, in the New Forest.
- I read “She Means Business” by Carrie Green, founder of the Female Entrepreneur Foundation (a better version of that book review I mentioned at the beginning of this post, will come at some point soon).
- I received the samples of the Sassy Du Fleur cosmetics I created for LG Household in South Korea for their ISA KNOX products. They are absolutely gorgeous.
Frustrations This Week
- This week marked the end of the worst month for my business with sales at a real low – so frustrating after July which was my best month ever. However I’m determined to do as much as I can to turn the wheel of fortune before I have to face my worst fears – you can find out what those are, in the video.
- My hair! In my quest for simplicity (and to save a ridiculous amount of money on haircuts and colour), I’m growing my hair from a pixie cut into a simple bob. It’s at that awful mullet ‘can’t do anything with it other than wear a hat’ stage. My husband said I shouldn’t vlog about things like this, but c’mon this is important stuff right? 😉
I’d love for you to leave some friendly comments on my vlog. It’s got that tumbleweed feeling at the moment and I’m feeling very nervous about it all!
Here’s a quote for your week, from the beautiful Audrey Hepburn
Nothing is impossible. The word itself says “I’m Possible” – Audrey Hepburn
Have an inspired day