People say: “You’ve found commissions and clients through Instagram? You’re so lucky.”
No, I’m not a lucky person.
Finding clients and commissions via Instagram for my small and creative business wasn’t luck.
It has been a lot of hard work and dedication which has brought me amazing opportunities (like this Sassy Du Fleur commission or this stop frame animation work). I don’t think I would ordinarily have found these opportunities through other channels
That’s what I remind people in my Instagram Masterclass for independent, small and creative businesses.
Social Brighton and I ran our first workshop together back in March with a small group of local businesses ranging from retail shop owners and florists to winemakers and giftware designers. We’ll be back again with the Instagram Masterclass at PLATF9RM on May 15th 2018.
Filling the Instagram Business Void
There’s a lot of advice out there for lifestyle Instagrammers and bloggers. However, Instagram for business advice, aimed at time-poor, small and creative businesses is still pretty lacking. The objectives are slightly different when it comes to product and service based Instagram business accounts compared to lifestyle Instagram accounts.
I found it very frustrating in the beginning because there was a lack of advice out there for businesses with small teams or sole proprietors. Therefore I’ve poured everything I know into this Instagram Masterclass with Social Brighton.
“Really engaging and practical course which has given me confidence and lots of skills to produce lots of beautiful content.” – Natasha, Neo Design Studio.
Instagram Masterclass Curriculum
The day includes lots of practical exercises including a styling and photography session.
Here’s the curriculum for the day:
- Instagram basics, personal vs business accounts.
- Setting and measuring objectives
- Selling on Instagram
- Hashtag Research & Practical Session
- Visual Style & Photography
- Photography Tips & Advice
- Practical Styling, Photography & Editing Session
- Posting on Instagram: Captions, The Algorithm, Engagement & Community
- Utilising Instagram stories
Setting Instagram Goals
By the end of the day, participants of the Instagram Masterclass can expect to:
- Set short and long-term goals on Instagram for your business
- Create a list of hashtags focused around your target audience
- Know how to create a cohesive, on-brand feed
- Learn how to style, photograph and edit simple flatlays
- Have a list of useful apps to really up your Instagram game
- Learn how to increase engagement & utilise community
- Learn about the power of Instagram stories.
Alongside my art and animation, teaching is something I thoroughly enjoy. I used to teach Photoshop courses at South Downs College in Sussex and privately. This is my first Instagram masterclass course and it’s something I’m very excited to be able to do. After years of working in digital marketing and now on my own independent creative business, I’m well placed to share my knowledge, and mistakes, so you don’t have to!
If the group Instagram Masterclass doesn’t float your boat, then I also offer 1:1 Instagram coaching sessions. Email me and let’s get cracking at creating a beautiful Instagram feed that works for your business.
Have an inspired day
Other posts you may find useful:
HOW TO CREATE CUSTOM INSTAGRAM STORY HIGHLIGHT COVERS
CREATE EYE CATCHING IMAGES FOR INSTAGRAM PART 2: RULE OF THIRDS
HOW TO COMPOSE EYE CATCHING IMAGES FOR INSTAGRAM PART 1: SYMMETRY
TIPS FOR CRAFTING YOUR PERFECT INSTAGRAM FEED
Pin For Later